Wednesday, June 15, 2011

...my coffee, the book & my laptop...



It was raining last night and today mr sun's hiding somewhere else. . . Everyone seems to be sleeping in this morning.  I suppose I should wake them up and get on with the day.  
When I woke up this morning I knew it was going to be another lazy day for me.  The sky is grey and it is "nag taligsik".  It is a little cooler today than it has been for the past days.  It’s  one of those days when a cup of coffee is better than usual.  And, it is one of those days when my favorite author keeps calling my name.  Well, not really, but it is a great day to pick up a book, not heavy reading, just good old enjoyable reading.
So, this morning with a cup of coffee in hand infront of the computer as well, I propped myself up here with an old book from my shelf, authored by Neil Shulman, M.D.… well, one of his books. 
Books are a weakness of mine. I don’t shop often at retail book stores, but I am a great fan of, with any authors for as long as it has contents that interest me. I find great comfort within it.
Reading is one of those things that seem to get lost in everyday activity.  Sometimes I go a full month without picking up a book for reading relaxation.  We all get so caught up in doing stuff that we forget the wonderful experience of escaping with a good book.  Movies are great but they define everything for us.  Books guide our imagination but allow us the freedom to visualize the characters and settings as we choose. This morning I selfishly devoured over it.
HAVE A NICE DAY!
joyremandocrave@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment